Things I do not like -
- Having to practically re-write a reporter's story from its unpublishable state
- Extreme spikes in psychosomatic pain
- The fact Alabama's budgetary system is hilariously illogical
- The Alabama grocery tax, which is rivaled only by Mississippi's in suckitude
- Being stuck in hentai rooms when the moderator likes hentai and feels the need to tell you about the time he had to leave a hentai room with a boner
Things I like -
- That the reporter whose story I re-wrote really appreciated my taking the effort to go through with her what was wrong with her story, something her previous editor never bothered to do with her (and it really showed). Yay for brownie points and fuzzy feelings.
- The side effect of purchasing my groceries from a store deep in Northport, where people do not eat fancy organic/foreign things. Which means aforementioned things are frequently on clearance, turning a $43 purchase into a $15 purchase.
- My fridge being filled with at least four different kinds of beer (this may be related to the previous point).
- Flaming Southern Comfort shots
I have discovered the one advantage to being on staff at an anime con: you legitimately and and do yell and at the teenagers who think screaming in a small hall is a great idea, so loud you cannot successfully continue to moderate your own panel. You are also then listened to.
Yet being on staff does nothing about the ten-year-olds who are dragged to your History of Anime panel and complain their way through the 1930s, 40s, and 50s about how they "don't understand it," want to know when they'll "see something they know," and let you know your topic is boring. However, this does have the positive side effect of forcing their father to leave the panel in embarrassment a decade before you get to the first hentai, which you didn't feel like explaining to them anyway.
Because I realize as I add people I do not actually have any kind of post which talks about me-as-person, as opposed to the various other things I talk about far too much, I am hijacking the Ten Things To Know About Me meme.( Bonus Thing to Know: I always write as if I wish I were Davis Sedaris, only gayer. )